What is a Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)?
– A TTE is a noninvasive ultrasound – using high-frequency soundwaves to create moving images
of your heart through the chest wall.
– There is NO radiation when getting a TTE.
– A TTE gives your doctor a good view of your overall heart health.
o Evaluates heart size
o Evaluates the amount of blood being pumped out of your heart
o Evaluates valve function
o Evaluates for injury to the heart muscle
What to expect during your Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)?
– There is no special preparation required before your exam.
– This exam may take up to 1 hour to complete.
– You will be attached to electrodes in order to monitor your heart rate and electrical activity during the exam.
– You will be laying down for most of this exam and positioned on your side when possible to obtain optimal imaging.
Unlike other radiology exams – your TTE will be read by a Cardiologist as opposed to a Radiologist.
Our mission at NY Imaging Specialists is to provide the highest-quality advanced imaging in a patient-centered and compassionate environment, with the comfort and convenience of being close to home.
To schedule an appointment by phone call 833-269-4624.